About Punjabi University
Punjabi University – PU was founded in 1962 by Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, the former President of India. In 1961, the Punjab Assembly passed the Punjab Act No. 35 which led to the establishment of the university. About 270+ colleges are affiliated to this university.
Punjabi University has 6 regional centres, 12 constituent colleges, 9 campuses and 65 teaching or research departments. PU has various departments, including the Faculty of Arts and Culture, Faculty of Languages, Faculty of Social Sciences, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Business Studies, Faculty of Life Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Computing Sciences, Faculty of Physical Sciences, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Education and Information Science.
Courses in which Admission is without Entrance Test
Rs. 1000 & Rs. 700 for SC/ST
The University has reserved 85% seats for candidates from the state of Punjab and 15% seats to all candidates from outside Punjab.
The university offers undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma courses and PhD programmes.
Punjabi University International Collaborations
- Apex Group of Companies, Dubai
- Debre Birhan University, Ethiopia
- Faculty of Industrial Education and Technology, King Mongkut's Uni. of Technology Thonburi, Bangkok, Thailand
- International Water Management Institute (IWMI), Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Maharaja Garden City Association (MGC), Bangkok, Thailand
- Siam University, Thailand (Agreement)
- The Regents of the University of California on Behalf of its Santa Cruz Campus
- University of South Pacific, Laucala Campus, Suva, Fiji
- University of the Fraser Valley, Canada
- University of the Highlands and Islands, Scotland, UK
- Wilkes University, PA, United States of America (USA)
Punjabi University Scholarship
· Punjabi University helps the Physically Challenged & Girl candidates in availing the scholarships offered by AICTE if the candidates have taken admission in a technical course. The following below are other financial help provided by the University-
- AICTE offers Pragati Scholarships to the Meritorious Girl Child whose family income is less than INR 8 lakh per annum.
- AICTE offers Saksham Scholarship to the candidate having a disability of not less than 40% and whose family income is less than INR 8 lakh per annum.
- Scholarship value of INR 500 per month is provided to candidates studying in post-graduate courses, B.Pharm., B.Tech, and LL.B.
- Stipends are given to children/ grand-children of Freedom Fighters, Ex. INA personnel.
- Scholarships, stipends and fee concessions as admissible from time to time under the State Harijan Welfare Scheme for students belonging to SC/ ST/BC.
- The University also provides 10 UGC National Scholarships of INR 300 per month to the students joining MA Economics. They must have scored a minimum of 60% marks in B.A./B.Com/ B.A. Hons in Economics.
- Dr. Hira Singh Deol Memorial Scholarship and Dr. Sawan Singh Gill Memorial Scholarship is awarded to students who take admission in M.Sc Zoology and MA English respectively. An amount of INR 1000 per month will be given to students who are at No.1 in their respective classes.
Punjabi University Facilities
- COMP LABS
Punjabi University Gallery
Punjabi University Address / Map