About LPU - Lovely Professional University
Lovely Professional University - LPU has a mammoth ultra-modern vast campus on the National highway at the entry of Jalandhar city. It is the largest single campus university in India, with more than 30,000 students, over 4000 faculty and staff, offering more than 200 programmes.
The university is recognized by the University Grants Commission - UGC and is member of Association of Indian Universities - AIU. The university is ranked high on various parameters by acclaimed bodies and is recipient of various awards including the Best Private University Award by ASSOCHAM again in 2017, presented by Sh. Prakash Javadekar Union Minister of HRD, Govt. of India. NIRF 2018 (MHRD Government of India) has ranked LPU No. 2 in management on Outreach and Inclusivity parameter and ranked 38th overall. With internationally benchmarked curricula, innovative pedagogy, experiential learning, and 200+ foreign tie-ups for equitable and affordable quality education, the University is poised to establish itself as a Centre of Excellence in Research.
The University campus exhibits a rich diversity as the academic staff and students come from all 29 states of India and more than 70 countries of the world. Education at LPU is holistic one, aimed at developing the intellectual and personal strengths of students. The LPU experience takes place both within and outside the classroom, nurturing creativity and innovation through challenging project work and participative learning, and providing an environment conducive to sparking ideas and how to translate those ideas into reality. LPU has an excellent track record of launching its students into successful careers which has been proved by our Alumni working in 500+ global and Indian Super Brands.
LPU Ranking and Awards
- Ranked 99th amongst Top 100 Institutions in India under Overall Category by NIRF
- Ranked 78th amongst all Government and Private Universities by NIRF
- Ranked 49th amongst Top Management Institutions by NIRF
- Ranked 87th amongst Top Engineering Institutions by NIRF
- Ranked 27th amongst Top Pharmacy Institutions by NIRF
- Ranked among the Top ‘Universities of the Future’ by India Today Aspire
- LPU Faculty of Pharmacy is ranked among the top 30th and Faculty of Management in top 50th and, Engineering in top 90th.
- Ranked 36th Best B-School of India
- Ranked 3rd among Power Private Universities
- Ranked 13th Best Private B-Schools in India
- Ranked among Top 30th best B-Schools in India
- Ranked 1st Best University to be enrolled for further studies
- Ranked 21st India’s Top B-School Brands
- Ranked 14th Best in Infrastructure and Living Experience
- Ranked 37th Best University
- Ranked 32nd Best in Pedagogy
- Ranked 34th in Intellectual Capital
- Ranked among Top 75th Management Schools in India
- Ranked 14th Best Private University in North Zone
- LPU website ranked among Top 10th Educational Website Designs of the world
- The Top Recruiters in the year 2019 were Microsoft, Amazon India, Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Ltd., Cognizant Technology Solutions, Capgemini India Pvt. Ltd., Federal Bank, Hindustan Uniliver Ltd., Synopsys India, Samsung Research Institute India, SAP Labs, Virtusa, Verizon Data Services, TCS, CEAT, Flipkart, Havells, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, Hitachi Consulting, Infineon Technologies, Kony, Nerolac Paints, P and O Cruise, Accor Hotels Group, The Oberois Group and many more.
- Highest salary package offered for following programmes in the year 2019:-
- Engineering:- Rs. 42 lac per annum (Microsoft)
- Management:- Rs. 19.75 lac per annum (SOBHA Developers)
- Design:- Rs. 15 lac per annum (Trident Group)
- Hotel Management:- Rs. 12 lac per annum (Hyatt Regency)
- 2500+ Offers (placement/internship) extended to LPU students by 20 of Fortune-500 companies like CTS, Amazon, IBM, Verizon, Xerox, HP, Tech Data, Samsung, Morgan Stanley, Oracle, United Health Group, etc. over the past few years.
- 2000+ LPU students pursuing successful careers abroad in different countries like USA, UK, Canada, Australia etc.
- LPU also makes efforts for placing International students around their home locations or placing Indian students abroad.
- Lpu provides with PEP classes where students are trained in aptitude, reasoning, soft skills ,interviewing skills, free preparation for govt exams and more, right from the 2nd year till their placements.
Lovely Professional University - LPU strongly believes in the fact that monetary constraints should not be an obstacle for a student to have access to quality education. So, the University extends Scholarship Scheme which is an initiative by the University to cultivate the talent of students that may be hidden due to financial constraints. Scholarship can be availed in all the Programmes of the University, ranging from Diploma to Ph.D. In the last seven years, University has offered scholarships worth 500+ Crores.
Scholarship Categories: Scholarships are awarded to candidates based on their performance on any of the following categories:
- Eligibility Qualification(for example on the basis of performance in10+2 for Undergraduate Programmes and graduation for PG Programmes)
- Qualification previous to eligibility qualification (for example on the basis of performance in 10thfor Undergraduate Programmes and 10+2 for PG Programmes)
- LPU’s Entrance and Scholarship Test : LPUNEST
- Certain National Level Tests (like JEE (Mains), NEET, UCEED, CAT, MAT, GATE, GPAT, MAT etc.)
- Performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular and Social Service activities
- Special COVID-19 Frontline Scholarship – A Rs. 20 crores support Initiative.
Scholarship Brackets: For each category mentioned above, three brackets of Scholarship (Bracket 1, 2 and 3) are defined. Each bracket represents specific criteria (for example scores in qualifying exam) which an applicant has to reach for him/her to fall in that particular bracket. The criteria in each bracket decreases as it proceeds and so does the scholarships. So, the students meeting the requirement of Bracket- 1 gets the highest Scholarship and those in Bracket – 2 or 3 gets relatively lesser scholarship.
Details of Scholarship Brackets: Scholarship brackets for various categories is detailed below:
- Bracket 1 - Students scoring more than 90% marks in eligibility qualification falls in Bracket -1 and are thus eligible for Scholarship of 50% of Programme fee in Phase-1.
- Bracket 2 - Students scoring between 80% to 89.99% marks in eligibility qualification falls in Bracket-2 and are thus eligible for Scholarship of 40% of Programme fee in Phase-1.
- Bracket 3 - Students scoring between 70% to 79.99% marks in eligibility qualification falls in Bracket -3 and are thus eligible for Scholarship of 30% of Programme fee in Phase-1.
LPUNEST: For each Scholarship bracket, cut-offs are determined by the University and accordingly the Scholarships as mentioned in Table – 1 is offered. To know the tentative cut-off for various programmes and approximate number of students falling in different categories.
Other Scholarships offered by the University
Apart from the scholarship on the basis of LPUNEST-2020/ Qualifying Examination explained above, LPU also offers scholarship in the following areas to provide financial assistance to the excellent students to enable them to pursue professional education.
- Fee Concession for Defence, Central Armed Police Forces(CAPF) personnel and their dependents
- Special Scholarship scheme of full programme Fee and Residential Fee waiver to top 20 students of every recognized board (State as well as Central)
- Scholarship for Orphan Applicants
- Scholarship for Persons with Certain Disability