You have come so far in your academic life, and now it’s high time to take the right career decision as this will eventually pave your way to a bright professional future. Graduation plays a critical role in shaping professional career. After completing graduation, you are supposed to have superior knowledge in a particular stream of education. Today, the job market is expanding at an exponential rate & off-beat jobs are becoming popular. You have multiple career options after graduation like Engineering, Management, Medical, Hospitality, Computer, Information Technology, Healthcare etc.
Almost 60% of candidates start looking for job opportunities right after their graduation. Before you choosing the best career after graduation, you need to know growth scope, prospects, competition, availability of jobs in market, work requirements, etc. If you are good in Spoken, you may tend to get better salaries than other candidates. Communication skills and personality make a remarkable difference in overall career development irrespective of nature of work.
Some Points to Handle this issues
· Fight between Degree and Jobs: If you think only degree is not enough for getting right jobs, you must try to understand what your graduation can do to get right career. Based on your assumptions you must go for some certifications to add value to your skills.
· A Gap Year: A gap year after graduating from college is the right choice to make if you want to spend some time on yourself and are willing to explore the things around you. A gap year is a wise choice for those who want to see more of the world, learn new languages, experience different cultures and meet new people before settling for a monotonous work routine.
· Lack of confidence about getting jobs: If you’re struggling to find jobs, why not create it yourself by setting up your own company. If you have a business idea you cannot stop thinking about or believe in making something new out of the available resources then it will be the perfect time for you to take action right after graduating.
Further Study Options after Graduation
· Marketing, Sales and Business Development - In the field of high competition, the demand for business development professionals is increasing day by day. In every company, irrespective of its size and strength, requires marketing and sales professionals. Business Development Roles in every company are one the most sought after profiles in top B-Schools.
· Advertising and Communication: Smaller companies who can’t afford MBAs hire fresh graduates and train them for their specific roles. You must have excellent communication and analytical skills to excel in this field.
· Management: MBA/ PGDM are no more a lucrative career option if you have done it from a below average college. Student does MBA/PGDM for better placements. Placement records of below average colleges have been pathetic in last few years. Most of the MBA/PGDM graduates are unemployable now a days. The worst thing comes when you pay 8 Lakh+ to do MBA/ PGDM and remain unemployed after completing the course. (You must prepare well for MBA entrance exams like CAT/XAT/MAT /FMA/IIFT/SNAP etc. and get into a top colleges)
· Mass Communication and Journalism: Digital media has opened up a lot of career opportunities for mass communication professionals. You may become reporter, anchor, columnist, correspondent, editor and radio jockey.
· CS/CA/CFA/CWA: If you have done your graduation in commerce stream then you will have to go for any of these course like Company Secretary (CS), Chartered Accountant (CA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or Costs and Works professional (CWA).
· IT- Information Technology: We are living in a technology world so a degree or certificate course in IT will open up lubricant career opportunities. You may work as a Programmer, Data analytics, computer operator, site developer, web designer, animator, logo designer, software developer and more.
· Travel & Tourism and Hospitality: If traveling the world excites you and want meet with different cultures, you can join this industry.
· Hotel Management: After graduating in Hotel management, you can also work in catering services, Food technology start-ups, restaurants, Railways, shipping, corporate organizations, clubs, etc.
· Law: It is competitive and evergreen field. After completing your LLB/LLM, you may also prepare for judicial services exams or join corporate legal firms.
· BFSI: If you want to work in Public sector banks, you need to pass entrance tests like SSC and Bank PO exams.
· Air Hostess/Commercial Pilot: Commercial pilots and air hostess are dream job profile for many.
· Teaching: To develop a formal career in teaching in schools, you need to complete B.Ed./Teachers’ Training program. For teaching in Colleges and universities you should have a post graduate degree and clear NET.
· Acting/Direction/Production: If you want to get into Film and television industry. You can also try your luck for National School of Drama which is the biggest institute for theater training in India or alternatively explore AAFT, GKFTII, Pearl Academy, Barry John Acting Studio etc.
· Modelling: It is advised that you should continue your education/job while preparing for modelling.
· BPO/KPO: BPO/KPO sector can accommodate fresh graduates from any stream. If you are good in English language, then you can earn a handsome salary in BPOs.