The Indian Institute of Technology Madras-IIT Madras has launched a first-of-its-kind programme, Tech MBA, for its’ undergraduate (UG) students from all the engineering streams. The students taking Tech MBA programme will be awarded two degrees, engineering UG degree (B.Tech) and Master’s degree in Management (MBA).
· It is introducing the programme from the academic year 2019-20 and it will have an intake of 25 to 30 students.
· The programme will be a part of the five-Year inter-disciplinary dual degree (IDDD) and is conceptualised by the Department of Management Studies (DOMS), IIT Madras
· Department of Management Studies will offer the foundational Tech MBA courses during the third & fourth years of all UG programs
· The eligibility criteria for opting for the courses in the fifth year are CGPA, departmental aptitude test and or personal interview.
· Students taking tech MBA programme will be awarded two degrees, , engineering UG degree (B.Tech) and Master’s degree in Management(MBA).
Tech MBA aims
The programme aims to impart business acumen to engineering students while inculcating management mindset for handling complex decision-making problems and shaping technology-driven organizational transformation.