Birla Institute of Technology & Science - BITS Pilani MBA admission 2020 last date to submit application is 25-Feb-2020. The Department of Management at BITS Pilani offers 2 years full time MBA programme and the doctoral programme in management. The university will accept CAT 2019, XAT 2020 and GMAT exam scores for MBA admission. The applicant should apply online for admission with an application fee of Rs.3150.
In 2000, BITS opened a campus in Dubai making it the first Indian university with an overseas campus. Subsequently, in the year 2004 and 2008 BITS opened its campuses in Goa and Hyderabad respectively.
Established in the year 1971, the Department of Management initially offered the MBA - Master of Business Administration programme. But later in 1973, when the institute created an integrated educational structure, MBA evolved into the integrated First Degree programme MMS - Master of Management Studies which was a blend of engineering and management.
Highlights of BITS Pilani MBA Admission 2020
· Last date to submit application is: 25-Feb-2020
· Application Fees: 3150
· The application process is completely online.
· Announcement of shortlisted candidates for GD / PI / WAT: 10-Mar-20
· Announcement of admission: 10th Apr to 14-Apr-20
· Deadline for admission of selected students: 28-Jul-20
· Freshers’ orientations programme: 31st Jul 20
· Registration of courses: 01-Aug-20
· Tuition fee for the entire duration of two –year MBS programme at BITS Pilani is approximately Rs.800000.
Why BITS Pilani
· BITS Pilani is a Deemed to be University offering UG, PG and PhD programmes
· Its campuses in Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai.
· The Institute was granted the “Institution of Eminence” tag by MHRD, Govt. of India.
· BITS Pilani is India’s highest ranked non-Government Institute as declared in QS BRICS, QS Asia, and QS India 2019.
· According to the NIRF - National Institutional Ranking Framework report 2019, under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, BITS Pilani has been ranked among the top 25 universities in the country.
· Highest Salary offered to its MBA students in 2019 has gone up to Rs.15 lakhs
· Average salary at Rs. 9 lakhs.
BITS Pilani MBA Programs Highlights
· MBA programme at BITS Pilani is one of the reputed management programmes offered in India.
· 2 years full-time MBA programme is not offered at its Goa or Hyderabad campuses.
· Management education at BITS Pilani builds a basic framework of qualitative, quantitative, analytical, strategic and problem solving skills.
· The MBA pedagogy is specially designed to create a healthy learning environment, a blend of theoretical concepts and practical nuances.
· BITS Pilani MBA is consistently ranked among the best in the country by various survey reports.
· The latest survey done by Outlook (2020) ranks the BITS Pilani MBA programme among the top 20 in India.
MBA Specialization at BITS Pilani
· Information Systems Management
· Operations & Decision Sciences
· Organization Behaviour & Human Resource Management
· Strategy & Entrepreneurship.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in MBA
· As “Qualifying Degree”, Candidates must hold a B.E. / B. Tech Degree, or a Master’s Degree in any discipline from any recognized university, or any integrated first degree of BITS
· Candidates should have obtained minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the “Qualifying Degree”
· Candidates appearing for the final year of their “Qualifying Degree” examination in the year 2020, can also apply. Such candidates will have to submit the mark sheet and the certificate of of their “Qualifying Degree” by October 1, 2020. Non-fulfilment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission. Students in final year of “Qualifying Degree” should share in the form their percentage up to the last completed semester, as per availability.
· All candidates should have taken either CAT (2019); XAT (2020) or GMAT (2019) exam. There is no minimum score for any of these entrance exams, prescribed as eligibility criteria.
Apart from registering for CAT/XAT/GMAT exam, candidates are also required to apply for admission to BITS Pilani through a separate online application form which is available on the BITS Pilani Website.
BITS Pilani MBA Admission Cut Off
· There is no minimum score of CAT/XAT/GMAT defined as the minimum eligibility criteria.
· To ensure that the aspiring students are holistically evaluated during the admission process, the department considers the following parameters.
· CAT/XAT/GMAT percentile
· Educational background
· Work experience
· Extra-curricular achievements
· Awards or scholarship received
· Interpersonal communication skills
· Statement of Purpose